Friday 27 January 2012

COME ON PUSSYCAT

I've recently been lucky enough to interview Carinthia West (you can read my article in the next edition of Edge Magazine). Carinthia was a model, actress, photographer and writer, ex-girlfriend of Mick Jagger and all-round 70s girl-about-town. She told me quite a few stories of her modelling days but she made me laugh most when she described David Bailey (talented guy who basically invented modern photography), pointing his camera at her, and pleading 'come on, pussycat, come on'. So when I heard about the TV film on the love affair between Jean Shrimpton and David Bailey, I rushed to find out when it was being broadcast. It has already been played on BBC 4. CRAP. But never fear, iPlayer never lets me down and therefore, tonight Matthew, I shall be watching We'll Take Manhattan.

Here are a few snaps of Jean, by David.

Source

Source

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.