Wednesday 11 January 2012

SOUP KITCHEN

I hate to break it to you but it's about to get a whole lot colder out there. I know so.... my Papa told me. Most people are looking forward to the summer and just surviving the winter. I'm actually trying to embrace the cold by enjoying my fur coat and indulging in hot chocolate. Another way to keep the chills at bay, my ultimate winter warmer...onion soup.


You will need:

Lots of garlic
5 red onions
3 white onions
2 big fat leeks
Salt & pepper
2 litres of vegetable stock
Fancy bread
Cheddar cheese

All you have to do, is heat some olive oil with a knob of butter, add the garlic, let it cook a little, then add the leeks and onions (chopped just the way you like them). Let it all cook gently for about an hour, with a lid over it. When the onions are all slimy and sticky, add the stock. Let it boil and simmer for a while.
Then slice your bread, grill both sides, add grated cheddar to one side, grill again until the cheese bubbles. Get your soup in a bowl, add the cheesy bread, and cover with another ladle of soup so it's all gooey. YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.